Are you eligible to apply for the Master Mind Scholarships? Learn more.
Find out if you are eligible
- The applicant applies to take up a master's degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0: https://www.foreigncredits.com/resources/gpa-calculator/
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language:
- An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Students who apply for a master's programme at a school of arts have at least:
- An overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- A B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official English language test (recognized by the host institution)
- The host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply. The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in Spring 2020, are already enrolled in a specific preparatory programme in order to start a master's programme in September 2020.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2020-2021 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship:
- Preparatory programmes
- Bridging programmes
- Distance learning
- Student mobility to partner institutions outside Flanders and Brussels during the master's programme is allowed. However, at least half of the study credits of the master's programme must be obtained at the Flemish host institution.